Friday, May 24, 2013

It Is Finished

So, it has been a little while since I  blogged last, but for those of you who read my blog on a regular basis, I know you aren't surprised.  I'm not going to make excuses or promises to blog more in the future.  If it happens, it happens.  I am blogging today, because there are three things that I really wanted to share.

First, I recently decided that I was feeling run down, eating really bad food, and needed to do something to improve my health.  A friend of mine had been losing weight and was displaying an increase of energy that I wanted to mimic.  So I asked him what he was doing.  I am grateful that he decided to share his secret with me.  He was using AdvoCare products.  When we first started talking about it, I thought I could get the same results by going to Kroger and buying various vitamins and just taking a lot of vitamins.  That turns out to not really be true.  So, I started drinking Spark.  My eyes were opened to a new world.  Since that day, I have used some of AdvoCare's other products and plan to embark on a 24 Day challenge in June.  I am looking forward to training my body to be more healthy.  Beyond just using the products, I decided that since I have seen how the products work, and I really believe in them, that I would try my hand at selling the products.  I have tried selling stuff in the past, and it has never worked out.  I am hoping that I am better in this endeavor because these products change people's lives for the better every day.  If you or anyone you know are interested in looking into these products, check out my site at:  www.advocare.com/130514347.  If you are looking for a part time job that can help bring in some extra money, you can find information on becoming a distributor from the same site.

Second, I have been a little bored the past few weeks.  I found a new job with the same company, after my last project ended.  It isn't as much work as what I was doing before, so I tend to have more time to try to fill.  It has been really weird coming home and not having to worry about getting back on the computer to do more work.  It has also caused me to learn that I have to find other things to fill my time.  I enjoy the fact that I have been able to spend more meaningful time with my wife and kids, but there is still time left in the day.  So, I have decided to pick up a project that I started six years ago that was put on the back burner while I was working on my doctorate.  Some of you have read excerpts of The Memoirs of a Foolish Heart.  I have decided it is time to finally get back to that work and finish it.  It is completely emotionally draining at times, but I am excited to be pouring myself back into something that means a lot to me, and I hope will mean a lot to others when they are able to experience it.

Finally, I have completed a goal that has filled much of my free time the past year.  I know, I didn't have a lot of free time, which made it more difficult.  I finally finished reading War and Peace.  It was a difficult read at times, but has been very rewarding.  If you have not already read the novel, you might not understand how great of an achievement that is, even for someone who loves to read as much as I do.  Russian literature from the 1800's is much more different than reading Harry Potter or some of the other contemporary works.  If you love to read and want a challenge, pick up War and Peace.  Although I enjoyed reading the novel, I am excited to say It Is Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment